We're on vacation this week so I present a special episode. I know that I've said lists don't usually work on this show, but I am really happy with how this sounds. Let's do some complaining!
Pat takes issue with several new etiquette rules from The Cut, including dinner parties, texting, and touching strangers.
Powered by RedCircle
To listen to the uncensored Patreon version, click here!
To download the episode, click here!
I took aim at several of these "etiquette rules" but there were too many to fit into one episode. Here is the full piece. Let me know if I should tackle any more of these. I just feel like (for meeeeeee) this was written by people who either don't interact with real humans and/or truly believe the world should revolve around them.
I'll share the points I touched on here. How'd I do?
- 14. Never send an Edible Arrangement.
- 30. When casually asked how you are, say “Good!”
- 37. Don’t feel bad about standing up in the aisle immediately upon the plane landing.
- 40. Do not touch the small of my back to move around me at the bar if you’re ugly.
- 52. Don’t foist your allergies onto a dinner party.
- 94. It’s okay to email, text, or DM anyone at any hour.
- 95. It’s polite to have your camera on for everyone in a Zoom or Teams meeting.
- 96. But don’t Zoom in from the Palace of Versailles.
- 102. You can eat anything at your desk in an open-plan office.
- 111. It’s perfectly fine to walk through someone’s scene.
- 120. Even when a kids’ party says “no gifts,” you’re supposed to bring a gift.
And that's that, pals! If nothing else, I hope you learned how to be less rude...by not following a lot of these rules. Let me know if I should tackle any others when I come back. Until then, don't do anything I wouldn't do!
Crap open a cold one!
(This post was brought to you by Broad Street Bound.)